Thursday, March 26, 2009

i ordered the SUPER SOCKS


now that i am counting the days until my first 50k event (04.18.2009), i thought it would be apropos to get my hands on a pair of the "drymax maximum protection running socks". i first heard about these socks from mircea (a fellow runner, blogger, and "psycho wyco" participant). i later learned that people have participated in events of 100 miles and more in these socks and their feet have stayed blister free. my last sock purchase was the "injinji tetratsok". when i wore the injinji socks on my last long run (22 miles), i did have some small blisters at the front of my toes. on 04.18.2009 i will give the drymax maximum protection socks a 31 mile test. i will be sure to include a foot review in my event-report.

6 comments:

west birch said...

Good luck with them, Rob. I'm certain you'll find only happiness in them.

I do certainly look forward to reading your future posts about your experience in these socks.

Be well.

Mircea

Unknown said...

thanks mircea! i am pumped to give them a go and pumped about an enjoyable 31 mile run in 23 days :)

so are you feeling ready for your 50 miler? i thought i read on your blog that you are having some possible injury issues.

west birch said...

Thanks for your reply, Rob.

I'm certain your 31 miler will be enjoyable with those socks. I did a training run in that distance zone and not one issue. But as I've previously stated, I really look forward to your post about your experience with the socks. :-)

The pain I was referring to in my post has subsided and, as it *always* seems to happen, I've got another one but worse. It's the muscle that extends from my calf up behind my knee; it feels incredibly tight and painful enough to keep my away from running. So far this week my mileage is a whopping 0. Because of the upcoming race, I want to make sure it heals completely before I jump into running again.

Always good to hear from you. Hope your training is going well.

Mircea

Unknown said...

sounds like a good plan to lay off of it and let it get sound before the big race. looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Kurt said...

you will love the socks !!! I have these and they are great.

Unknown said...

thanks kurt! i am pretty excited about giving them a go - right now they are still in their packaging like a christmas present waiting to be opened :)

while we are on the subject of equipment - any thoughts on "newton" shoes? i heard about them via josh cox and the hype on their website was pretty impressive (as well as some of the reviews i read).