Friday, February 20, 2009

injinji tetratsok



i picked up a pair of the injinji tetratsok socks, performance series, mini-crew, a couple of weeks ago. i wore these for a few runs and wore them during the psycho wyco 10 mile race. i am really liking them. here is the hype:
  • Anatomical Interface System (AIS) is engineered to separate your toes with a thin, anti-friction membrane that is both lightweight and breathable. Seamless in construction, the tetratsok forms to every contour of your foot. This allows for true restriction free movement from your heel to five toes, encourages healthy circulation, and eliminates skin on skin contact between your toes to prevent blisters from developing.
  • 3-ply flex construction prevents sock movement while increasing wicking and circulation.
  • The precisely stitched Vector Heel prevents bunching and allows for a comfortable fit Double-layered welt top maintains shape for long lasting performance and support Ideal for marathons and long-distance running .
  • CoolMax® wicks moisture, dries quickly and breathes well, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of cool, dry feet.

4 comments:

west birch said...

Hey Rob. Injinji are great, especially when it's like -6ยบ F outside. They saved me on a training run several weeks ago when everyone was whining about their toes freezing up. Me, I had zero problems with the cold in these socks.

However, I've been a little skeptical of them when it comes to keeping the feet dry. I've recently switched to Drymax Maximum Protection socks and they're super incredible. Granted, since this is a recent change, I haven't had the chance to test them out in negative-degree weather, but they seem reliable enough to protect in such cold weather as well.

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up on those socks. Zombie Runner has many pairs of them, but if you want to try them, make sure they're the Maximum Protection ones, not the trail or any other kind. They're the most pricey, but worth it in my book.

Hope all is well.

Stay strong,
MS

Unknown said...

thanks for the input ms. thus far i have been really pleased with them. i wore them for the "psycho" and a 22 mile long run yesterday. my feet did get wet at the "psycho" but they seemed to dry fast. yesterday my running friend commented that his feet were soggy and i noticed that mine were very dry. i will check out the socks you mentioned - did you wear them at the "psycho"? how did they handle the water crossing?

west birch said...

Because I'm skeptical of Injinji being wet and keeping my feet dry, I decided they weren't for me for the WyCo run. So I decided to wear the free pair of Smartwool socks I picked up the day before. They seemed relatively thick and would work well if they got wet. The cushioning in the socks were awesome and my feet were dry the entire time (seriously). I honestly don't think I ever felt the cold of any water getting to them. As for water crossings, I wasn't too careful. Nor was I careful in our one loop of semi-frozen mud.

I'm super excited about the Drymax, though. I'll keep you updated on the latest with these socks. But I can say with very high certainty that I'll be very pleased with them. :-)

I don't remember: did you say you were gonna do Free State or Rockin' K?

Unknown said...

the only trail event i have the upcoming schedule is the "psycho psummer" - but that "free state" looks pretty awesome (though it won't fit into my schedule this year). sorry for the delayed response.