When I reflect on my 2011 running life I experience a sense of disappointment. Looking back I see more negatives than positives. I am thankful for the positives: Disney with my siser Sarah, Galveston performance, Ragnar with my classmates, the Dogwood with Scott, great relationship connections, and getting 5 more marathon States. The negatives include: letting go of a sizeable portion of my running fitness, failing as a pacer at the St. Louis Marathon, and experiencing the wheels falling off during the last few marathons.
The Events of 2011:
- 01.09.2011: Walt Disney World Marathon
- 01.23.2011: Icebreaker Marathon
- 02.20.2011: Galveston Marathon
- 04.10.2011: St. Louis Marathon
- 08.19.2011: Ragnar Great River Relay
- 10.09.2011: Wild Life Marathon
- 10.23.2011: Dogwood Canyon Trail 25K
- 11.12.2011: Louisiana Missions Marathon
- 12.18.2011: Run for the Ranch Marathon
Regardless of the disappointments (and partly because of them) I am coming into 2012 very inspired! I intend to treat 2012 as a year long timed event wherein I consume as many running miles as I possibly can. I have an image before me for 2012. It is an image of my flying self from 1989:
I intend to recover that flyer in 2012!