Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Legit Streak




Today was day 55 of a bit of a running streak I had going. My streak included a minimum of covering 2 miles. Here is the kicker, I have been doing a run-walk-mix. Today when I started looking into the United States Running Streak Association I started to question if my streak would be considered legit. Turns out that unless I had at least 1 mile per day that did not include any walking, my streak would not be considered USRSA legit. Today for example I covered 2 miles with my son and our longest run portion was half a mile, thus today would not count.

I post this blog post because I intend to start my USRSA legit streak tomorrow. So that the streak is well documented I will post my miles daily on this blog, daily on Dailymile, and I will publish them daily via Twitter @skinnybear_rob I will refer to this as my USRSA active streak.

Ready to get this thing rolling!!!

3 comments:

jt00ct said...

Glad to see you are still at it Rob, good luck with the streak! There must be something in the water down there.
http://runlikeamug.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-may-2-nd-of-this-year-i-logged-10.html

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeff - yep - pretty cool about Dave M and his streak. I enjoy staying in touch with him via twitter and facebook. Any marathons on your agenda for the fall?

jt00ct said...

I have switched to triathlons, at least for the time being. I needed some variety in my workouts and this has been great. I am training for the Hy-Vee Triathlon on September 4th.