Wednesday, April 15, 2009

touring the frisco 50k route

my frisco 50k support team (my mother-in-law and my two sons) and i toured the frisco 50k route today in preparation for the race on saturday. the frisco highline trail is a rail-to-trail path that goes from springfield, mo to bolivar, mo. the frisco 50k is starting 4 miles up the trail in the community of willard.


the start: in front of willard high school

about six miles down, twenty-five miles to go

coming into the walnut grove trailhead, about twelve miles down

jake makes a surge

550th road, around the half-way location

the boys crossing a bridge near wishart, about twenty miles down

the trail includes fifteen bridges

getting close to bolivar, 26.2 miles in, jake has finished caleb off

jake finished strong right in front of bolivar middle school, a journey of 31.05 miles


a map of the frisco highline trail: here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent montage, Rob. Very creative on your end. I'm all about creativity, so I commend you on a job well done.

You sound ready. Just remember to take it easy. Sure, you'll be pissed at yourself because it'll feel like you're crawling, but keep "crawling." I know you'll be fine on fuel, so now it's up to you, my friend. And I'm certain you'll do great.

I look forward to a great report. Hope your carbo-loading is going well.

Unknown said...

thanks bro - it was a fun little running related project to put some of my energy into.

it will be tough to hold myself back, especially when i get into a racing environment. i have been able to be patient and hold back before, so i am pretty confident i will at least try to keep it to more of a crawl in the first few miles.

the carbo-loading is going well - i think i have put about an extra pound on :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Cute boys!
Looking forward to watching the race.
(MIL)