Thursday, April 16, 2009

the 50k equipment




a: vaseline
b: nasal strips
c: adhesive spot bandages
d: regular deodarant (to permit proper cooling)
e: carbopro 1200 (my fuel)
f: helium 4 fuelbelt
g: saucony tangent 3s
h: zen stone mp3 player (this for emergency inspirational use only)
i: drymax maximum protection socks
j: headband
k: inov8 debrisgaiters
l: t-shirt race modified with apropos mantra
m: nuun electrolyte tablets
n: compression shorts
o: running shorts
p: timex with 100 lap memory
q: garmin forerunner 205 gps watch

not pictured:
r: sunscreen
s: first aid kit to be transported by my support crew
t: snack and beverages for my support crew
u: layer of clothes for before and after the race

6 comments:

dad H said...

Impressive preparation.
Dad

Unknown said...

thanks dad

Mark said...

Rob, you are ready! The pics got me excited!! How do you like the Nuun tabs?

Unknown said...

i have tested them on a couple of short runs and so far i am a fan.

Mark said...

I may not be doing the bus ride, I'll be looking for your shirt...before the race!LOL! Best day ever of running on Saturday and Godspeed to you!

Unknown said...

it looks like i am out on the bus too. my mother-in-law and boys will be crewing for me, so i will have a ride back.

i should not be too hard to find, i am usually one of the tallest runners at 6'4".

looking forward to seeing you.