Tuesday, December 9, 2008

saucony progrid xodus

the saucony progrid xodus shoes are my first shoe purchase specifically for trail running. i have just begun to dabble into the world of trail running, and have found it to be very exciting. on my event schedule i have two trail running events planned: a ten mile event and a 50k event. both events are held at wyandotte county lake park. to prepare for these events i have been logging some miles on some local trails, primarily, the sac river trail. i found these shoes at one of my local running stores: ridge runner sports. i gave them a go on the store's treadmill and then informed the staff that i would be back after i did some research. my research revealed that these shoes had the honor of being the "runner's world" editor's choice winner in a recent review of trail running shoes. i went back to the store and made my purchase (the staff was surprised to see me and informed me that people rarely come back when they say they will).

i put my first miles into these shoes today (8 miles), and i was very pleased.

No comments: