Saturday, September 4, 2010

run for the young 5k: 19m:23.3s

"The Run for the Young" in Springfield, Missouri on 08.28.2010 offered a 5k and a 10k. I was recruited to run this event with a youth who is being served by the state agency i am employed by.

The race itself was a simple out and back on the "Frisco Highline Trail". 5k and 10k runners started together. The young man that I brought to the event stayed with me for a bit over a mile and then I went on ahead so I could get some pictures of him finishing. He enjoyed the race and got some hardware for placing in his age division.

I felt pretty strong. Running back to back races reminded me of the Ragnar relay from the weekend before.

Finishing time: 19m:23.3s (6:14).

Overall: 4th out of 96 finishers

30-39 male division: 1st out of 7 finishers.


Picking up my 1st place division price.

Chad and Jessica Lakin. I met Chad during the "Little Rock Marathon". Chad ran a kick ass 10k and Jessica ran a very efficient 5k. Chad won one of the very cool raffle prizes.

My age division prize was a $25 visa gift card. Pretty cool. I gave it to my wife :)

After the race I enjoyed a big breakfast at Mcdonalds.

Life is good!!!

No comments: