Tuesday, September 1, 2009

no-need-for-speed

2009 has been a interesting ride thus far with regards to my running-life. i started the year full of ambition. i soon discovered that some of that ambition was causing the joy to leak out of my affection for running. i adjusted a time or two. i am again finding myself wanting to communicate my adjustments. right now - i am going to enjoy the miles - build base for the next few months - get my bones adjusted to the mileage my heart longs to partake of. so for me the mantra no-need-for-speed is totally apropos. ran 2 miles today - couldn't resist. 10 days until the "patriots' run". it will be an adventure :)

4 comments:

Ultra Monk said...

I am with you Rob.

Unknown said...

cool beans spirit-flower!

Mark said...

What ever it takes to be able to run!

Unknown said...

yeppers mark - and i really have an appreciation for running fitness and being able bodied - an appreciation unlike anything i have ever experienced in the past.

keep enjoying those miles mark.