Monday, July 6, 2009

the-log 06.29.2009 - 07.05.2009

06.29.2009: 9 miles of running in republic, mo.: 1 hour, 16 minutes and 23 seconds

06.30.2009: 4 miles of running at the nixa high school track in nixa, mo.: 31 minutes and 12 seconds

june 2009 running miles: 206 miles

07.01.2009: 4 miles of running in republic, mo.: 34 minutes and 57 seconds

07.02.2009: 6 miles of running (w/scott) in steelville, mo.: 53 minutes and 3 seconds

07.03.2009: 17 miles of running in steelville, mo.: 2 hours, 38 minutes and 47 seconds

07.04.2009: rest

07.05.2009: 24 miles of running in republic, mo.: 3 hours, 49 minutes and 45 seconds

total running miles for the week: 64 miles [2009: 913.5 miles]

i feel like i had a breakthrough this week with regards my relationship with running. i posted earlier in the week about some of my mental struggles, and i very much benefited from the feedback that was provided. i have concluded that i am going to run in harmony with my heart. running is presently an expression of my heart. in my heart burns a desire to run, and as long as that desire is burning, i am going to get out the door and enjoy mile and kilometer after mile and kilometer :)

the picture above is the route i took for my long run on sunday evening. enjoyable running adventure. i am looking forward to a week of running in harmony with my heart :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at this and immediately become envious! It's like showing someone stuck in the hospital who cannot eat anything but applesauce a commercial of large, thick burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, and fresh fries. :-)

Your training is looking great, Robert. Please keep it up. And I like your idea about running in harmony with your heart. Good stuff.

Looks like you're just about ready to crack the 1000 mile marker this month! How sweet. You know how many miles I had for June? 33. I'm embarrassed to even admit that, but, hey, I'm injured. And I'm happy I still went out and did something about it. But like I said, I'll be back this month with at LEAST 75 miles (I'm pretty confident I can handle that at this point)! 33 is a horrible week, let alone a month!! Ugh. It makes me sick looking at it. Ha! I'll stop rambling, brother.

Be well.

Mark said...

The 24 mile route looks like fun!!

Ultra Monk said...

Peace be with you!

Unknown said...

mir-bro: i can relate (a little) - i only logged 37 running miles in march due to my shin and groin. thanks for the encouragement - and i am confident you will once again being partaking of those twenty-plus-milers.

mark: it was a good adventure - and zero dog encounters was a highlight :)

spirit-flower: i appreciate it - and i will receive it :)