Saturday, April 28, 2012

2012 Frisco Railroad Run: Plan







This morning is the Frisco Railroad Run. I am pretty excited to participate. This is the 4th year for this event. The event carries a special place in my heart! During the inaugural event in 2009 I completed my first marathon and ultra-marathon via completing the 50K. During the second year I accomplished my present personal best for the marathon with a 3h:19m:18s performance. I am thinking I missed year number 3 due to a shortage of funds in my marathoning budget.

Today I am not gunning for a personal best, but it would be nice to be in the mix for some age division hardware.

Here is the plan for the day: I am going to start by employing a repetitive cycle of 27 minutes of running and 3 minutes of walking (i.e., rejuvenating walk segments). I think I will take the first few miles out around a 8m:45s per-mile-pace. The first 20 miles will be framed as a warm-up. With 10k remaining I will consider discarding the walk segments and shifting into a racing gear. I would love to see a solid negative split performance today (i.e., second 13.1 miles covered more efficiently than the first 13.1 miles).

Ready for an enjoyable day of (re)creational marathoining!!!

2 comments: